Tuesday 26 December 2017

Christmas '17 is over.

I am back to work tomorrow. It should be relatively quiet in the office as many people take vacation between Christmas and New Year.  I hope to catch up on the e-mail terror that accompanies modern office life. M is off until January 2nd.

One of the benefits of moving to Germany has been the annual holiday allowance that workers here have. M and I have 6 weeks paid leave, and additional time off in lieu of extra hours worked, so probably 8 weeks in total. I do not take it for granted. It is a wonderful benefit for us both.

The past few days since we returned from the sun holiday have been very busy. We entertained on the 24th and 25th. M was very ill when she woke on the morning of the 24th, not good as we had so much to do. But I asked her to please stay in bed and recover, which she did until 12:30.

I worked non stop. Two loads of laundry, ironing, folding and putting the clothes away, wood hauling, fire lighting, and later, preparing some food.  Thankfully M felt somewhat better later. We had a nice evening with M's family. I made crepes for dessert. Later M gave me an extra  bonus point for the effort I had put in.

She also gave me a leather wristband for Christmas with a silver clasp. On the reverse side of the clasp she had engraved "I'm your slave" in my language.

On the 25th we entertained two good friends and so it was a second late evening. Today I woke very tired. I actually fell asleep on the couch mid-morning, which was good as I needed it. I thought I had slept for 15 minutes until M told me I had been 2 hours asleep.

Tomorrow is a month since we started our blog. How time flies. Our intention is to blog regularly, although I can easily imagine that the frequency may drop over time.

Hanna

PS.. M decided, appropriately, on a dark red as my holiday nail varnish colour. Next change is due the first weekend in January.






No comments:

Post a Comment

This post is all about....

Well, if I am honest, I have no idea. M just ordered me to write a new post. I had suggested that she write a post as I am quite certain tha...