Monday 5 February 2018

Humble pie

Like every relationship, things don't always go smoothly.

Having closed and published the last blog post, I continued to complain somewhat about the sleeveless jacket. "Right!" said M, "I have heard enough". Up she got , packed it away quickly in the original packing and said. "I'm bring it back tomorrow. You can buy one out of your own money."

Now those of you who have read about our financial arrangements will realise that I have in fact very little money. A replacement will cost €15, quite an outlay for me.

I immediately felt terrible, because I could see that she was very unhappy. I pleaded with her not to return it but she ended the conversation there and then and we went to bed as it was already late.

Next day, I decided the only way to redress the situation was to buy the exact same jacket myself. However, there were none left in my size when I went to the shop. On the way home I bought a bunch of roses for M, to add to my apology.

We were again skiing at the weekend. M is not a big skier but she comes sometimes to keep me company. The snow is amazing at the moment so it was great to ski Saturday and Sunday. The trip takes over 3 hours each way however, so it is a haul. On the return journey we drove for 100km in an absolute blizzard. At least this time I did not forget to pack anything important.

Tonight M found a slightly different sleeveless jacket for me on Amazon. Slightly more expensive too, not that that is her problem. There will be no argument about this one. We both know it. I just have to swallow my pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This post is all about....

Well, if I am honest, I have no idea. M just ordered me to write a new post. I had suggested that she write a post as I am quite certain tha...